[TriZPUG] Programming positions at UNC (OASIS)

Stephan Altmueller stephan_altmueller at unc.edu
Mon Jan 5 16:52:02 CET 2009

Hi,

OASIS at UNC Chapel Hill has two open entry level programming positions.
The main task will be Python development based on Zope, Plone and Pylons.
They do not required Python knowledge upfront, but solid understanding of
programming/Computer Science and a willingness to learn new things.

Please forward to anybody who might be interested !

Thank you.

  -- Stephan Altmueller

The Office of Arts and Sciences Information Services (OASIS) at UNC is
looking for a entry level developer for our Enterprise Applications group.

This positions requires a good understanding of programming that is
usually obtained through a four year degree in Computer Science or a
related field. Experience can substitute degree requirements.

We expect good communication skills and a solid understanding of at
least one of these programming languages: C/C++, Java, Python, Perl or Ruby.

Further the candidate has to have a good knowledge of general concepts
of data structures and algorithms.
Knowledge of Web- and Internet related technologies and version control
systems such as SVN are a plus.

In our group we use the following tools and technologies: Python, Zope,
Plone, Nginx, Varnish,Pylons, Adobe Flex, Tapestry, Java, Maven, CSS, Ajax, JavaScript,
iBatis, SOAP, Oracle.

We use mostly open source tools and agile methodologies for software
development.

To apply and for all inquiries go to the UNC - HR website.
Please note that these are two independent positions and you need to apply
to both to be considered for either of them:

https://s4.its.unc.edu/RAMS4/details.do?reqId=0812154&type=S
https://s4.its.unc.edu/RAMS4/details.do?reqId=0812155&type=S