[TriZPUG] resources for converting shell scripts to python?

Josh Johnson josh_johnson at unc.edu
Wed Aug 4 18:08:43 CEST 2010

The subprocess module will help a lot.

Beyond that I think you may want to try to find some shell scripts and
command line utils written in python.

Last year I wrote an article on my blog about writing LSB-compliant start up
scripts (e.g. /etc/rc.d/blah restart style, or service blah restart via
chkconfig in redhat variants), that may be helpful but might be somewhat out
of scope for what you're doing.

http://lionfacelemonface.wordpress.com/2009/12/29/python-init-scripts/

Let us know if you find anything else useful...

JJ