[TriZPUG] TriZPUG Feburary 2010 Meeting: Your Presentation Goes Here

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Fri Feb 5 02:20:26 CET 2010

http://trizpug.org/Members/psmith/feb-10-mtg

We meet at the very fun, very posh Capstrat in three weeks.

There is no hockey game that day. However, there is a Ringling Bros.
Barnum & Bailey Circus at the RBC Center at 7pm that day. I'll leave it
to Paul to advise if we need to change the meeting time to 7:30.

Many of you have indicated you wish to make a presentation at a TriZPUG
meeting "sometime" in the coming months (anywhere from a few to several
months ago). Now is the time. Three weeks should give you some good lead
time to prepare. But let's publicize your appearance as presenter by
having you call shotgun now. State how long you'd like to talk and maybe
there can even be two presentations.

As always, lightning talks of ten minutes or less are also welcome. Five
is better. Anything you've learned about Python, no matter how trivial,
can be a lightning talk. Simply volunteer your lightning talk at the
meeting.

We had a really good line up of pretty much wholly extemporaneous
lightning talks last month. And as we saw, even the most basic Python
lightning talk can be instructive for everybody in the room.

Think about what your lightning talk could be if you are coming to the
meeting. This will be the meeting after PyCon, so you should be loaded
for bear with things to lightning talk about.

The after-meeting will be at one of the several nearby taverns, to be
decided at the meeting, with a high possibility of that being Edwards
Mill Bar and Grill.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530