[TriZPUG] NC jQuery & JavaScript Camp Rescheduled

Chris Calloway cbc at unc.edu
Fri Feb 5 02:20:49 CET 2010

On 2/4/2010 7:44 AM, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
> Is there a list of camps anywhere?

If you make one.

Some folks from various user groups/meetups/gatherings/drinking clubs
met recently to compare notes thanks to Joe Gregorio and Jay Cuthrell
and there were at least three people from TriZPUG there. We were alerted
to the following local calendar services which carry some events of
interest:

TriZPUG meetings/events somehow often magically appear on the above
link. I think Mark Biggers may be the driver of that.

http://socialcarolina.org/

http://www.cavesofice.org/~badger/triangle/groups.html

I asked to have our meetings listed in the monthly calendar of the last
link and was told:

"Irregularly-meeting groups I generally don't list in the calendar, so I
took the TriZPUG entry out of the perpetual calendar section. Thanks for
the update."

So I guess because we have November and December meetings on the third
Thursday instead of the regular fourth, we must fall into the
"Irregularly-meeting groups" category.

Anyone who wants to ride herd on any of the above on behalf of TriZPUG,
feel free. We already post meetings/events on this list, on our site, on
IRC, through RSS, on Twitter, on our Planet, and on meetup.com. That's
kind of enough superstructure for me to manage.

> Are they posted to this list (if so I
> missed this one).

If someone on this list is planning one, it will probably be announced
on this list first.

This list has searchable archives:

http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.org.user-groups.zope.trizpug
http://search.gmane.org/?query=boot&author=&group=gmane.org.user-groups.zope.trizpug&sort=date&DEFAULTOP=and&xP=Zboot&xFILTERS=Gorg.user-groups.zope.trizpug---A

> I e-mailed Chris Calloway last week asking if there
> was going to be a python/plone/zope camp this summer, but haven't heard
> back

That was on Monday. I replied to you within 45 minutes and it hasn't
bounced. Look in your spam folder? Here's a copy of what I wrote:

"On 1/29/2010 4:28 PM, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:
 >     Will there be any py/zope/plone/django camps local this year?

"You should ask this on the list because there are people planning
events that I have no control over.

"I will not give a local PyCamp this year. It's no longer necessary.
There is a Python course taught at UNC now. And there are short Python
workshops taught on campus by others. PyCamp was filling a void when it
started up. There is no longer a void.

"There may or not be a local Plone Boot Camp, depending on what Joel
Burton decides. He decides in his own time and lets me know when he is
ready."

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
http://www.secoora.org
office: 332 Chapman Hall   phone: (919) 599-3530