[TriZPUG] Slow networking to localhost

Joseph Tate dragonstrider at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 08:04:07 CEST 2010

I'm running into a weird networking issue with one of my web apps.  We
have a baseline install and a customized install.  The customized
install takes about 5 times longer to load a page than the base
install does when running from the same virtualenv on the same
hardware and using the same browser to the app running on localhost.
According to cProfiler, for the slow install, 91.56% of the time is
being spent in "select.select".  Strace shows that the select method
is timing out multiple times, as if the traffic between the browser
and my app is stalling.  Any ideas on what to check next?

--
Joseph Tate
Personal e-mail: jtate AT dragonstrider DOT com