[TriZPUG] Slow networking to localhost

Josh Johnson josh_johnson at unc.edu
Fri Jul 30 14:10:53 CEST 2010

It's hard to tell what might be going on without any real information about
what the web app is, what it does, what modules it uses, any frameworks,
etc.

Are you talking about installing the two versions of the web app (I'm
assuming it's an egg? If not how is it installed?) in the same virtualenv,
or two different virtualenvs that you think are set up the same way?

Also, when you say "customized install" what does that mean? Is the
installation customized, or is the web app customized?

More information would really help, but my approach to an issue like this is
to focus on the differences. A simple diff of the code might make the
problem stand out. The cProfiler result may be a red herring, but you may
want to check for any known bugs in python or your OS relating to it, given
the nature of the select module.

JJ