[TriZPUG] Wanted: Biased Opinions: Django or Pyramid (Pylons/BFG)?

j.c.sackett j.c.sackett at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 21:33:42 CEST 2011

That said, after coming to a good understanding of WSGI and what exactly Pyramid was doing for me, I can't see using anything heavier. Heck, I'm tempted to just use WSGI and >maybe< WebOb. :P I'm comfortable writing things at a low level, what are the frameworks even buying me?[4]

> So I've decided I'm going to utilize WSGI, and keep the frameworks in play to a minimum. Pyramid will probably be a good place to start, since I think it'll handle a lot of the simple web application issues well (I think it may do too much in some areas, but I may be able to tease out the pieces I need if it gets to be too much).

If you're interested in just good libraries to do WSGI stuff, it's worth checking out Werkzeug. http://werkzeug.pocoo.org/

//j.c.sackett