[TriZPUG] Open-Source Licenses - what do you like to use and why?

j.c.sackett j.c.sackett at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 01:48:24 CEST 2011

To the OP -- if you use a BSD license, note that just calling it a "BSD" license is slightly ambiguous. There exists a "three-clause" BSD license that's newer and slightly less restrictive than the four-clause BSD license.

I'll throw in a +1 for the three clause BSD[1]; that's one I've used before, and for me it had the desired effects of 1) getting some people to use it and 2) getting some contributions back. At this point I think the three clause one is the default if you refer to something as BSD licensed.

//j.c.sackett

[1]: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsd-license.php