[TriZPUG] activity timers?

Tom Roche Tom_Roche at pobox.com
Tue Feb 1 22:22:54 CET 2011

Apologies if this is OT, but I'm wondering: what software do folks use
to record activity time, e.g., for client billing?

I currently use a tool designed to support the Personal Software
Process. It works well enough: I start it up, choose a bucket to which
to attribute the time accrued to the current activity, minimize it, and
then click on the panel icon to start or stop time recording. But

- the tool is overkill, since I'm only using the timer bit, not any of
  the PSP stuff.

- I'd prefer something that was smart enough, or configurable, to turn
  the timer off when I sleep the box.

Requirements: must work on linux, be FOSS, save the time log in an
open/tractable format.

Preferences: should work on windows, be implemented in python.

TIA, Tom Roche <Tom_Roche at pobox.com>