[TriZPUG] undefined symbol after numpy install

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Wed Jan 26 18:28:46 CET 2011

python-2.6.5
numpy-1.5.1

I build and install numpy without errors, but when I do
"import numpy" I get

ImportError: /usr/atlas/lib/liblapack.so: undefined symbol __powidf2

where __powidf2 is defined in /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so

I've installed numpy on several machines, sometimes it works
and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't, I get the above
error. I have no idea why sometimes it works and sometimes
it doesn't. Presumably somewhere in the installed numpy (in
/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/numpy) there has to be info
about -lgcc_s but I haven't found it.

Any ideas?

thanks Joe