[TriZPUG] gtk module finds wrong libraries

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Thu Mar 31 19:03:10 CEST 2011

On Thu, 31 Mar 2011, Joseph Mack NA3T wrote:

> let me try your rpath suggestion

you can can rpath info to the binary with patchelf

patchelf --set-interpreter /my/lib/my-ld-linux.so.2 /usr/local/bin/python2.6

and then inspect with

readelf -d /usr/local/bin/python2.6  | grep -i path
  0x000000000000000f (RPATH)              Library rpath: [/usr/local/lib]

(there was no RPATH visible before running patchelf)

but this doesn't help.

I then tried the rpath route. The options for gcc have
changed and this which I found on one page no longer works

make CC="gcc -R /usr/local/lib"

The incantation I found was

../configure LDFLAGS="-Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/lib"  .....

which produces a binary with the same output from readelf
as the one which had been modified by patchelf.

but this doesn't help either.

The only thing that helps is the LD_PRELOAD trick I wrote
about in the previous e-mail.

Does this tell you where the problem is?

Joe