[TriZPUG] TriZPUG reminder - meeting this Thursday

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Fri Jan 27 00:43:06 CET 2012

On Thu, 26 Jan 2012, Paul Godley wrote:

> What are my odds of finding a parking place on a game night?

0

I don't know UNC. I live in Durham and I can be at RedHat in
45mins and I only go that far for special events.

It took 30 mins to get to Franklin/Moorehead Planetarium and
another 45 min to the Patient Parking lot (which cost about
$2 for a day time lecture in Dec), to find it closed.
Instead I was directed to the game parking which I found was
$10. I already had 1h 15min time sunk in getting to the
meeting. The printed map wasn't going to be a lot of help in
the dark with the small font (I'd seen Raleigh St, but
couldn't find it on the map while I was sitting at a light).
It was 6pm and I had no idea how to get to the meeting and
estimated at best I'd be there by 6:30. It shouldn't be this
hard to get to a lecture.

There needs to be someone at a meeting with a phone to steer
in people who aren't familiar with the place, so in
anticipation of problems like this, I'd asked Chris C for
his ph#. It turns out the ph# is already on the ZPUP
webpage. I called Chris C getting his message machine. I let
him know why I wouldn't be at the meeting.

I can't read a map of an unfamiliar place in the car in the
dark. Instructions like

o How to get to the parking lot (go to Franklin/Columbia..)

o How to get to the meeting spot from parking

would help

Are the Carboro places not available anymore? They were easy
to get to and had parking.

Hope the meeting went well.

THanks Joe