[TriZPUG] TriZPUG reminder - meeting this Thursday

Joseph Mack NA3T jmack at wm7d.net
Fri Jan 27 13:49:20 CET 2012

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012, David Burton wrote:

> Reading on the UNC web site, it appears that they try very
> hard to limit access to "members of the UNC community"
> (which doesn't include the NC taxpayers who merely pay
> much of the bill).

This is new (I think). I remember talking to Paul Jones
(ibiblio) when wifi first became available and it became
possible to wifi the whole campus. The administration was
planning on making wifi access secure. At one of these
meetings Paul had said with his wry laugh "you're going to
keep a shared secret secret?".  I took from his reaction
that the plan had been shelved. Looks like they found their
way around the shared secret problem.

Joe