[TriZPUG] Compare of Ruby-On-Rails with Python Web Frameworks

lionface.lemonface at gmail.com lionface.lemonface at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 00:28:02 CEST 2012

There are a lot of python frameworks... I've been working with some RoR devs at my current job - from what I've seen the closest thing to RoR is Django.

The philosophy and approach is different, but I think the ease for new users, the general data modeling concepts  and the site-vs-app conundrum are very close.

But, to answer your question, you need an apples-to-apples comparison.

I think that Django would be the closest. How they compare would be best answered by other folks with more direct experience with both.

JJ