[TriZPUG] Triangle Python User Group

Calvin Spealman ironfroggy at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 14:46:24 CET 2012

Thanks for the announcement, Kurt.

I'm very excited for all this, and not just for a simple renaming. I think
we came to some strong conclusions last night that if there are things we
think the group should be, then we're going to need to make that happen.
This is a symbolic gesture that, coupled with new plans and ideas executed
beside it, could ramp up the python involvement in this area in a big way.
There are a lot of us here, probably far more than are in this one group,
and we can make more!

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 2:13 AM, Kurt Grandis <kgrandis at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey folks,
>
> Thanks to everyone who came out last night and special thanks to everyone
> who spoke and presented a little something.
>
> I did want to mention some news that came out of last night's meeting for
> those who couldn't make it out. People have often mistaken this group's
> name as the Triangle Zope and Plone User Group. This has never been the
> case, but nonetheless it has caused some confusion and contributed to
> people looking past or dismissing our group. Last night members
> overwhelming voted to change our name to TriPython.
>
> We hope that the name change will improve search results, help attract new
> participants, and encourage lurkers to come out and talk Python. To that
> end, I'ld like to make a call to anyone on the list who would be interested
> in participating in a rebranding and messaging workgroup. A name change is
> nice and I believe will be beneficial, but I think it's important to also
> take this opportunity to re-examine how we present ourselves to the local
> community--hackers, hobbyists, professionals, and businesses alike. If
> you're interested and more importantly, willing to do some work, drop me an
> email and we'll start coordinating these changes. Until we circulate a
> transition plan, please continue to use our existing resources, websites,
> mailing lists, etc as TriZPUG.
>
> Chris reminded us last night that we're coming up on our ten year
> anniversary. Very exciting and I look forward to watching the community
> continue to grow.
>
> -Kurt

http://techblog.ironfroggy.com/
Follow me if you're into that sort of thing:
http://www.twitter.com/ironfroggy