[TriZPUG] Triangle Python User Group

Julia Elman julia.elman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 14:57:02 CET 2012

Hi All,

My name is Julia and have recently moved to the Triangle area from Kansas
City. I work with Calvin and the rest of the team at Caktus Group in
Carrboro.

I wanted to come to the meeting last night, but had some family obligations
to attend to.

There is a pretty active Python users group in KC called PythonKC that I
belonged to. I helped do the branding for http://pythonkc.com and worked
with Steven Cummings (a developer at Cerner) to build out the site. I'd
love the opportunity to work on the branding for Tripython! I'd be more
than happy to draw up some logo ideas to start with if you all would like.

Also, Steven posted the sites code on github for anyone to use. It includes
a python api client for meetup.com:

https://github.com/pythonkc/pythonkc-meetups
https://github.com/pythonkc/pythonkc.com

There was also talk of using the pythonkc github repo to post projects that
the group worked on together.

Looking forward to meeting all of you and joining the TriPython users group!

Julia