[TriZPUG] PyCarolinas 2012 Call For Proposals

Calvin Spealman ironfroggy at gmail.com
Mon May 21 16:51:33 CEST 2012

PyCarolinas 2012 Call For Proposals

PyCarolinas 2012, the first Python conference held in the carolinas,
is now accepting proposals! We’re looking for proposals for talks you
can present to this great and growing Python community.

PyCarolinas will be held in October in Chapel Hill, NC. The exact
location and dates of the two-day conference will be announced
shortly.

The proposal deadline is July 20, 2011. Please submit your proposals
to talks at pycarolinas.org.
About PyCarolinas 2012

PyCarolinas 2012 is the first Python Conference held in the carolinas
and will be located in Chapel Hill, NC this October. The specific date
and location will be announced shortly. It is a two day conference,
with one day of talks and one day or sprinting.
Who should submit a proposal?

Anyone! We’re looking for as broad a cross-section of the Python
community as possible.

We’re looking for both experienced conference speakers and people new
to technical conferences; industry professionals and hobbyists;
entrepreneurs, researchers, and system administrators. You’ve probably
learned something that other Python users could benefit from, so come
toPyCarolinas and share your story. Maybe you’ve written the next
great data mining package, or you have a case study to share, or
you’ve learned something about how to start a Python users’ group, or
you just want to help novices learn how to choose a Python web
framework.

If you have something to tell your fellow Python programmers, this is
your chance.

You don’t have to be a professional speaker to give a talk at
PyCarolinas. Presenters can be volunteers from all walks of life and
all levels of experience. From hardcore hackers to educators to
hobbyists, anyone with something to say and the desire to say it is
welcome.

If you have a topic idea but you’re not sure exactly how to turn it
into a killer session, let us know! The program committee is happy to
work with you to help your session shine.
What kind of sessions can I give?

PyCarolinas 2012, as a small event, is acceptingonly traditional
sessions during the main conference. We are looking for sessions at 30
and 45 minutes. All levels of talks from from novice-level overviews
to advanced topics are welcome.
Conference registration and travel

PyCarolinas is entirely volunteer-organized and run, and must keep
costs as low as possible. We are unable to provide assistance or
compensation for speakers traveling to and staying near the conference
for the duration of the event.
Timeline and deadlines

Please don’t delay! The proposal window is long, but the sooner you
submit a proposal, the more time we’ll have to help you put forward
the best proposal. The program committee will officially begin
reviewing proposals and giving feedback as soon as the CFP closes, but
the team will attempt to begin reviewing and discussing proposals
prior to the close of the Call for Proposals to assist authors.

Proposals for talks will be accepted until July 20th. The list of
selected talks and tutorials will be finalized by the end of August.

Thank you!

Submit your proposal to talks at pycarolinas.org and thanks for helping
us make the first ever PyCarolinas great!