[TriPython] Reminder: TriPython January 2017 Meeting: Multiprocessing in Python: How To Get Around the GIL Document

Calloway, Chris cbc at unc.edu
Wed Jan 25 14:02:06 EST 2017

Tomorrow we are having a great presentation at RENCI about a topic we should all see and hear. There will be the usual after-meeting at the Sheraton across the street. See you there!

http://tripython.org/Members/cbc/jan-17-mtg

When: Thursday, January 17, 2017, 7-9pm
Where: Renaissance Computing Institute (RENCI)
               Biltmore Conference Room, 5th Floor
               100 Europa Drive, Suite 590
               Chapel Hill, NC 27517
What: Erik Wiffin will cover a couple ways of taking advantage of multiple cores in python, and what some of the disadvantages and caveats are. Erik has been working with python professionally for about a year, and has been a developer for eight years. Erik works at a startup called FleetHealth where he tries to solve some of sticky problems in medicine with machine learning and natural language processing. Extemporaneous "lightning talks" of 5-10 minute duration are also welcome and don't need to be pre-announced. Lightning talks are for you to "show and tell" something you've learned about Python recently, no matter how small. We all use Python, therefore, we are always learning something new about Python that we can tell others. Plenty of free parking is available in the RENCI parking deck. The meeting will be followed by our usual after-meeting at a nearby tavern for food and beverage. Come join us for a fun and informative evening.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
Applications Analyst