[TriPython] Two events next week

Calloway, Chris cbc at unc.edu
Fri Mar 17 09:07:10 EDT 2017

Another action packed week for TriPython. We have the third Monday Durham Project Night and a fourth Thursday general meeting with a presentation on JupyterHub by Charlotte Mays. Both events are at our wonderful host, Cacktus Group Tech Spece:

http://tripython.org/Members/markdlavin/mar-17-dpn
When: Monday, March 20, 6-9pm
Where: Caktus Group Tech Space, 108 Morris St., Durham
What: Durham Project Night meets on third Mondays. Have a project you want to show off, share, seek help with, or just get some work done surrounded by like minded Python lovers? Join us for our monthly project night and do just that! Don't have something to work on? Just need some help with Python? Show up and enjoy the energy, sprint on an open source project, find something interesting to contribute to or be inspired by! The setting is informal and there is no schedule, so don't worry if you show up past the start time. Whether you are a Python newbie needing help or have an open source project you want to share, come hang out and hack. Park in the municipal deck on the other side of the Arts Council across W. Morgan St. The Caktus entrance on Morris St. is labeled "Suite C1" near the Civil Right's mural. Just knock or call the number posted on the door. Bring your laptop.

http://tripython.org/Members/cbc/mar-17-mtg
When: Thursday, March 23, 7-9pm
Where: Caktus Group Tech Space, 108 Morris St., Durham
What: JupyterHub provides a platform by which Jupyter notebooks can be hosted on a central server. This can provide consistency and reduce installation headaches when teaching python. Charlotte Mays of Caktus Group will discuss the process of creating a JupyterHub server and some pros and cons of this approach. Park in the municipal deck on the other side of the Arts Council across W. Morgan St. The meeting will be followed by our usual after-meeting at a nearby tavern for food and beverage. Come join us for a fun and informative evening.

--
Sincerely,

Chris Calloway
Applications Analyst