[Tutor] Learning programming

Christian Tismer tismer@appliedbiometrics.com
Mon, 05 Apr 1999 15:24:31 +0200

Christian Tismer wrote:

[dropping my gibberish]

> Maybe you should tell your employers that it is cheaper
> to upgrade a couple of machines than to waste a lot of
> your precious time and of your tutees as well. Hardware
> is very cheap. If I would put a single 2-hour session
> into my tutorials to teach them an out-dated OS which
> they don't use after all, this would come at the same
> cost as buying a new machine.

When I wrote this I forgot that you are
in high school. If it is a similar situation
as here in Germany, then there can't be much done
about this. Nobody realizes the waste of human
resources in school, and who finally pays the bill.
Sometimes it makes sense to talk to the parents
to collect some money or donate a older machine.

Sorry for being not carefully reading - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@appliedbiometrics.com>
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net