[Tutor] Two-Dimensional arrays

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 00:35:14 -0700 (PDT)

I have a problem that needs two-dimensional arrays, but NumPy really seems
like overkill. I had solved it another way, then realized I really
*needed* two-dimensional arrays.

Here's my constraints (for a knitwear design project I'm working on):

1) typically an array will contain between 10k and 50k elements. Each
element will have a stitch attribute and a color attribute (think two
bytes).

2) the most mathematically advanced thing I need to do with the elements
is copy one row to the next (and apply patterning, which I don't expect to
do for a while).

Ideas?

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.net   *   http://www.deirdre.net
Indeed, when I design my killer language, the identifiers "foo" and "bar"