[Tutor] books for python internet

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 13:32:54 +0100

> INTERNET programming.....i mean, a book that goes in to all
> the details on internet programming using python....

'Internet Programming with Python' by Guido VR(the language inventor)
and others. Its OK but not wholly successful IMHO.

What exactly do you mean by Internet programming?
Web, socket ipc, ftp, gopher, mail, etc etc... There is
no book on the planet that explains how to program all
aspects of the net. Steven's 2 volumes on Unix network
programming probably come closest but they are all in C.

> and can you tell me where i can get
> this book

As ever amazon.com or most other online bookstores.

In fact I think you can order it from the Python web site too...

Alan G.