[Tutor] Help with TKiniter

Greg & Janet LINDSTROM yuba@cyberback.com
Fri, 10 Dec 1999 13:42:37 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BF4314.6BBFC4C0

Greetings-

I am new to the python scene, but am quite excited about what I have =
seen so far.  I am a professional coder and want to be able to develop =
prototypes quickly for proof-of-concept presentations.

I am in the process of learning Tkinter and am having trouble with the =
Dialog example on pages 36ff of Fredrik's manual (An Introduction to =
Tkinter, copywrite 1999).  In particular, the code appears to execute, =
but no Dialog appears on the screen. What am I missing?  Any help, or =
further documentation, would be appreciated.

Also, is there any tutorial help on the class aspect of Tkinter and/or =
the Python Mega-Widgets?  I would love to implement them, but need a =
little more that just the source code.

Thanks for any help you can provide,

Greg Lindstrom
yuba@cyberback.com

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01BF4314.6BBFC4C0

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Greetings-</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am new to the python scene, but am =
quite excited=20
about what I have seen so far.&nbsp; I am a professional coder and want =
to be=20
able to develop prototypes quickly for proof-of-concept=20
presentations.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am in the process of learning Tkinter =
and am=20
having trouble with the Dialog example on pages 36ff of Fredrik's manual =
(An=20
Introduction to Tkinter, copywrite 1999).&nbsp; In particular, the code =
appears=20
to execute, but no Dialog appears on the screen. What am I =
missing?&nbsp; Any=20
help, or further documentation, would be appreciated.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Also, is there any tutorial help on the =
class=20
aspect of Tkinter and/or the Python Mega-Widgets?&nbsp; I would love to=20
implement them, but need a little more that just the source =
code.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks for any help you can =
provide,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Greg Lindstrom</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:yuba@cyberback.com">yuba@cyberback.com</A></FONT></DIV></B=