[Tutor] Re: Help with TKiniter

Randall Hopper aa8vb@yahoo.com
Mon, 13 Dec 1999 13:38:04 -0500

 |   I am new to the python scene, but am quite excited about what I have
 |   seen so far.  I am a professional coder and want to be able to develop
 |   prototypes quickly for proof-of-concept presentations.

That's what got me interested as well.

 |   I am in the process of learning Tkinter and am having trouble with the
 |   Dialog example on pages 36ff of Fredrik's manual (An Introduction to
 |   Tkinter, copywrite 1999).

Are there page numbers?  Are you referring to this HTML doc?:

     http://www.pythonware.com/fredrik/tkdraft/

If so, which example:  9-1, 9-2, 9-3, or 9-4?

If you're referring to the PDF, the two snippets on pg 36 aren't intended
to be stand-alone.

 |   In particular, the code appears to execute,
 |   but no Dialog appears on the screen. What am I missing?  Any help, or
 |   further documentation, would be appreciated.
 |
 |   Also, is there any tutorial help on the class aspect of Tkinter and/or
 |   the Python Mega-Widgets?  I would love to implement them, but need a
 |   little more that just the source code.

Here are a few links on Tkinter (class ref, etc.) and Pmw:

     http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/tkclass/index.htm
     http://www.python.org/topics/tkinter/doc.html
     http://www.pythonware.com/library.htm

     http://www.dscpl.com.au/pmw/