[Tutor] Strings and the % Operator

Thu, 16 Dec 1999 11:21:07 -0600 (CST)

    >> Regarding the documentation, the % operator doesn't appear in the
    >> index of the 'Library Reference'.  The TOC has 'String Services' but
    >> it doesn't appear there.  There is a reference in the index to
    >> 'operator' but no %.  Its not the first time and won't be the last,
    >> but I'm confused.

    Michael> You want to look at section 2.1.5.1 "More String Operations" in
    Michael> the Python Library Reference guide

Which, in my opinion, is the wrong place for it.  The Library Reference
should document the modules distributed with Python.  The Language Reference
and the Tutorial are the places to document the behavior of Python's
operators.

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/
847-971-7098   | Python: Programming the way Guido indented...