[Tutor] MacOS

ge0desic taveren@bigfoot.com
Fri, 17 Dec 99 17:10:42 -0400

Hi,

First I'd like to say that after several half-hearted attempts (and much
procrastination) at learning Perl, I decided to give Python a try based
on ESR's recommendation in his book 'The Cathederal and the Bazaar'.  I
must say that I am very impressed.  The language itself is easy to
understand and the tutorials/examples I have been looking at are the best
I have seen.  I actually am beginning to understand alot of the concepts
that other resources I have used could not explain coherently.

Before I start asking alot of Mac related questions here, I wanted to
find out if there are other Mac users on this list.  I have discovered
that some of the examples I try out don't work on the Mac but do work
when I try them at work on Win NT.

My interest lies more toward the WWW/CGI aspects of Python and at this
time I don't have a
*Nix server setup (though it won't be long now).  Are there any HTTP
servers I can run on top of MacOS that will allow me to play with Python?

thanks for the time,
David