[Tutor] Hopefully OT

Dan Star danstar@execpc.com
Wed, 02 Jun 1999 16:14:26 -0500

Martijn Faassen wrote:

<snip>

> The basic advice I can give you here is to at all times separate the
> program logic from the particular interface code you're using, unless it
> is a trivial program. In general, avoid letting program code call the
> GUI, try to let the GUI code call the program code instead.

<snip>

> Okay, aside from this basic advice I'm no expert on GUI design. It seems
> that one of the most elegant structures is the 'model-control-view'
> approach, so look that one up.

I am just jumping into Python myself with the intent of using a GUI
interface for some sample apps.  Is there any book that describes this
model-control-view method using Python?  Or a book that describes it
using Pseudo Code?

By the way is there an Archive of these posts?  Seems like excellent
discussion is going on and it would be a shame to loose the knowledge
being discussed.

Regards,
Dan