[Tutor] OK, dumb question

K P teroc@zianet.com
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 16:49:59 -0500

-------Phoenix-Boundary-07081998-

I seem to be stuck on the littlest of problems, how do I do this in Python:
	iterate through a 'list' (term used loosely) of twelve class variables,
check each for changes
I know how to do this in C++, but for the life of me cannot make the
connection in Python. Here is an example(with my infamous spam):

class Meat:
   def __init__(self, colour, type):
      self.colour =3D colour
      self.type =3D type
      self.flavor =3D ' '

class Spam:
   def __init__(self):
      self.beef =3D Meat('red', 'beef')
      self.chicken =3D Meat('white', 'fowl')
   def quality(self):
      #In this function I would check the type and colour versus a 'chart'
(probably a dictionary look-up)
      #e.g. if self.beef.colour =3D 'red' and self.beef.type =3D 'beef'
then self.beef.flavor =3D 'good'
      #In my 'real' script I would be testing 12-20 class member variables
against a small set of immutable variables
      #what would be the simplest/fastest/most effective way to code that
in python=3F

Ken

-------Phoenix-Boundary-07081998---