[Tutor] Re: Listing web contents

Guido van Rossum guido@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:14:30 -0500

> Websucker may be what I'm looking for. I'm trying to write a simple search
> engine; can you give me a hint as to how to edit websucker to return a list
> of web contents, rather than downloading the whole site?

Sorry, I'm not very good at answering questions of this kind -- I'm
simply too busy to sit down and figure it out.  Basically, reading the
source it should be easy enough to figure out which method saves the
data and replace it (in a subclass) with one that indexes it.  Other
tutors may have more constructive help!

(PS I take it back that the tutor list should be merged with the help
list -- maybe vice versa...)