[Tutor] you're help is needed

Christian Tismer tismer@appliedbiometrics.com
Sun, 09 May 1999 15:01:31 +0200

Du wrote:

> i am a high school student and i have been told to download python,
> so i downloaded your "python 1.5.2 " and i have no clue how to run it or
> even where to begin. i don't know whether i downloaded the wrong one or
> if i need to download another part. i looked in your FAQ section of your
> web site, and i still did not get the answers to my questions. Please
> help me by writing me back, or just sending me some helpful directions
> or tips.

What is your operating system?
Assuming it is Windows, you should download the precompiled Windows
version from http://www.python.org and then also the
Win32 extensions build 125. You will find a reference to
that on the python.org site.

Having the py152.exe file, you just need to execute it,
and it will install itself. You will start it from the start
menu as any other program. You can either start a plain
Python session, or an IDLE session which is an interactive
GUI framework for Python.
After you installed also win32all-125.exe on top of it,
you will have a Windows-specific version as well.
If you can get this far, try a little and ask us again.

If you have a different operating system, let us know.
In many cases, pre-built versions for different OSses are available.

ciao - chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@appliedbiometrics.com>
Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net