[Tutor] (no subject)

G. Norton strat_addict@yahoo.com
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 23:08:49 -0700 (PDT)

> I strongly recommend to buy the book "Learning
> python". It's written for
> people who haven't programmed before, and python is
> a very suitable language
> for people who haven't programmed before.

                         As a newbie who has been studying Python for a
month or so, I cannot recommend "Learning Python" from O'Reilly.If you
have absolutely no programming experience, this book won't be much help
in the beginning.It's too fast, too soon and at times the syntax can be
quite overwhelming very early on.If your a Windows user(like myself)you
are at times left to figure out which examples apply to you.Alan
Gauld's tutorial is a good place to start.It's thorough, very easy to
understand and Alan has been very kind to answer my questions.
                               Perhaps an update to  the O'Reilly book
should be called
                     "Learning "Learning Python""

                                  gtnorton