[Tutor] embedding python in C --- big porblem

edward ed_tsang@yahoo.com
Tue, 14 Sep 1999 16:05:27 -0700

Hi to all knowlegable python user out there:
I'm am very new to python and have been having huge trouble in embdding
python with c and extending python with c.
here is what I am trying to do:
1) extending python in c
   A)
   *  create a function mymath(int a, int b)  in a file called mymath.c;

   *  try to call mymath  function to add 1 & 2 from a pythohn script,
   * without recompling try to call mymath to add 3 and 4 from the
python script
   *  without recompliing try to redefine mymath, so that I am
subtracting this time
   * try to call mymath function to subtract 1 from 2
   * without recompliing try to call mymath to subtract 3 from 4
    B)
    * create a structure which has two elements a and b,
         a function initStruct(x,y)  to in a file called intiStruct.c.
initStruct(x,y)  will initlize a    to     x, b to y value.
     *  try  from a pythohn script, try to call the initStruct to
intialise the stucture to 2 and 3
    * without recompling try to call initStruct to intialise structure
to 3 and 4 from the python script

2) embedding python to c
A)
  *  create a function mymath(int a, int b)  in a file called mymath.py
;
   *  try to call mymath  function to add 1 & 2 from a C program,
   * without recompling try to call mymath to add 3 and 4 from the C
program
   *  without recompliing try to redefine mymath, so that I am
subtracting this time.
   * try to call mymath function to subtract 1 from 2, from the C
program
   * without recompliing try to call mymath to subtract 3 from 4, from
the C program

Can any one help me on this please. Can you give me the complete working
code on this matter. I really need all you expert help on this thing.
thanks.