[Tutor] Python using "posting" in URL

Deirdre Saoirse deirdre@deirdre.net
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 12:47:04 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Robin B. Lake wrote:

> I could use some help with Python interactions with Web sites.
>
> I currently use WebMiner on a Mac to grab stock quotes from a Web site.

You can get quotes from Yahoo on a day-by-day basis without having to
parse anything. Intraday quotes (which I haven't done) require more work.

> How can I have Python contact the site and shove the "posting" stuff up
> to the site so I can get my quotes back?

http://baypiggies.org/quotes/fetchtick.py

retrieves historical quotes. I have a later version that is better about
time, but I have to remember which computer it's on. :)

--
_Deirdre   *   http://www.linuxcabal.org   *   http://www.deirdre.net
"Dictators ride to and fro upon tigers which they dare not dismount.