[Tutor] Learning to Code with Python

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan@callware.com
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 08:41:09 -0600

Hi All--

Charles Takacs wrote:
> Hi Marcella :-))
> I am also learning Python as the first Programming language.If you are
> Learning Python as the first Language then I would definatelly recommend you
> starting with the book "Learning Python in 24 Hours" by Ivan Van Laningham.
> You can get it from "amazon.com".

Thank you for the kind words, Charles.  But there is a teeny correction
I must make:  the book is entitled _Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours_,
from SAMS.

>  I live in Canada and I just picked the book up a couple days ago from the
> local Computer Book Store since it was just released (finally) for
> publication.

I'm glad to hear that it is actually out there in bookstores!

PS:  The book's website,

is currently inaccessible other than by IP address:

due to some nameserver madness here at work.  I'm working to resolve the
situation.  One way or another, it will be online within the next week
or so.  I apologize for the inconvenience.

Anyone who can't access the site with the IP address should write to me
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours