[Tutor] Just Getting Started, Basic Help.

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 21:36:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000, ~* Midnight *~ wrote:

> Okay, laugh, frown on me, that's okay, but I'm just getting started. I
> downloaded Python just yesterday, and when I went to install it wouldn't
> work. It was like it wasn't a program, wasn't and ".exe" file. I'm not sure
> what to do but any help would be appreciated. Sorry if I sound stupid, but
> I'm still learning and I was told Python was the best program for beginners.
> Thanks to anyone who responds! :)

Hello!  It sounds like you downloaded the installation for a difference
species of computer.  *grin* Most likely, you downloaded something like a
.tar.gz, which is for UNIX system.  Instead, you'll want to get the one
for your Windows system.  Here's the link:

  http://www.python.org/download/download_windows.html

You'll just need to get py152.exe, and you should be set.  Don't worry
about asking questions --- we're all learning here.  Good luck!