[Tutor] scripts close window when finished

alan.gauld@bt.com alan.gauld@bt.com
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 10:59:20 +0100

> 	I'm new to python and just started making some simple
> scripts.  I use windows98, and when I run stuff i coded in
> python a dos window opens and program goes by too fast

Try starting a DOS window(Start|Programs|MS DOS or Start|Run
and type command). Then CD to the directory/folder containing
your script and type:

C:\myprogs> python myprog.py

You should see your program output on screen including
any error output. If thats still not catching it try
redirecting output to a file:

C:\myprogs> python myprog.py > logfile.txt

Then view the logfile using notepad or DOS edit.

HTH,

Alan G.

PS.
This should definitely be in the FAQ if it isn't already!