[Tutor] Applets not working on Grail :-(

Catriona Johnston kjohnston@rcsi.ie
Tue, 8 Aug 2000 14:12:50 +0100

Dear All,
	Thank you for your previous help...but I am afraid that I have an
additional problem...:(
I have installed Grail on Windows. It seemed to work well when I went to the
example Grail Applet Demo Collection at
http://grail.cnri.reston.va.us/grail/demo/ . This continued to be the case
when I saved the applet source code to my own computer along with the
corresponding html source code, and then opened this html file on my
computer the applets still ran. However, if I alter the applet source code
in any way save this change, the applet no longer works, if I then undo the
changes and save the file the applet continues to no longer work. I get the
following error: -
File "<>", line 1
   from Tkinter import *
                        ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

What am I doing wrong? Or what do I have to do to run an applet...Why will
saving the file after changing it back to its original code not allow the
applet to work?

If anyone can please help me on this matter I would be most grateful.
Signing off as a perplexed pythonian,
kate