[Tutor] Python x SQL

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:48:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, Gustavo Passos Tourinho wrote:

> Does anyone knows if I can use a DataBase with Python.
> There is a module? Where can I find information about it?

Yes, there are Python database modules that make SQL convenient.  If
you're running a Windows system, you'll most likely want to look at the
ODBC module:

  http://www.python.org/windows/win32/odbc.html

You'll need to install the PythonWin extension, but it's definitely worth
it.  It can be found here:

  http://www.python.org/download/download_windows.html

Also, take a look at the topic guide on Databases, so you can get familiar
with the database interface.  It also has a list of other database
modules, so you can find a more vendor-specific module.

  http://www.python.org/topics/database/