[Tutor] Brain Dead

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:34:01 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 11 Aug 2000 sysadmin@hiretechs.com wrote:

>     O.K., I am retarted.  I created a simple, little piece of python code.
> I opened a txt. file from my desktop changed it around, did a little of
> this and a little of that and everything worked great.  Now I am so brain
> fried that I can't  remember how to print the results into a new file.
> Please when
> you are done laughing at me.  Will you give me a quick reminder.  Thanks.

Don't worry about it.  And we'd never laugh at you --- we're here to help
each other.

Files can be opened for writing by specifying 'w' (write) or 'a'
(append) as the second parameter in an open() call:

  f = open('secrets.txt', 'w')

Afterwards, you can start doing write()'s:

  f.write('This is a test.')

There's a section in the official tutorial that talks about file i/o:

Section 7.2 Reading and Writing files:
http://www.python.org/doc/current/tut/node9.html#SECTION009200000000000000000