[Tutor] code

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 20:16:58 -0700 (PDT)

On 17 Aug 2000, James Barr wrote:

> This is day one of python programming for me, and I was wondering if
> anyone could let me know where I might be able to look at some source
> code for basic applications?

Hello!  I've seen snippets of examples in the introductions page on
python.org.  Here's the link to it:

  http://python.org/doc/Intros.html

You should probably take a look at the tutorials on the Intros page;
they're really good, and will help you get an orientation of what this
Python stuff is all about.

Also, when you download Python, you also get the source to many of the
'modules' that make up the Python library.  It's always neat to see how
the gurus write code.  If you're interested, take a look at the Lib/
directory where you installed Python, along with the Library reference to
tell you what each module does:

  http://python.org/doc/current/lib/lib.html

If you run into any difficulties, free free to talk to us.  Good luck!