[Tutor] MacPython Help!

Daniel Yoo dyoo@hkn.EECS.Berkeley.EDU
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 20:28:33 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, subal smith wrote:

> I am a begginer programmer and need some help setting up python to work
> on my Mac. I have downloaded Python 1.5.2 and have custom installed it
> for a PPC. I followed a tutorial and created a "Hello World" script with
> simple text and saved it as a .py in the same directory as the
> Interpreter. The tutorial say's I should be able to drop the .py file
> onto the Interpreter and it will Open and Run. BUT It Doesn't.
> Do you have any idea what I did or am doing wrong?

Unfortunately, I'm not a Macintosh user, so I'm not quite sure how things
work there.  It might be that your script really is running, but may be
finishing and quitting too fast to see.  In that case, try this
code: it'll wait until you press enter:

###
print "Hello World!"
tmp = raw_input("Please press enter to quit")
###

You might want to talk to other Macintosh users at this mailing list:

  http://www.python.org/sigs/pythonmac-sig/

They'd probably be able to help you with Macintosh-Python stuff.

Also, here's a site with a few MacPython links:

  http://dmoz.org/Computers/Systems/Macintosh/Development/Languages/Python/