[Tutor] MacPython Help!

Subal Smith subal@enabledsites.com
Fri, 18 Aug 2000 10:35:42 -0700

Hello,
I was hoping somebody could help me set up MacPython. I have installed it
for my PPC but I don't understand how to run the .py files I create with
BBEdit with the interpreter. The "Using Python 1.5 on the Mac" says I should
be able to save the file in the same directory as the interpreter then drop
it on the interpreter to have it run. BUT the interpreter does not recognize
the files and will not let me drop them on it. I did however save the file
in BBEdit as an interpreter document and was able to then drop it on the
interpreter and it ran. Is this how it's done?
Is there anybody that could give me a simple example of how to save and run
Python scripts on a Mac.
Also I wondered if, IDE,  which was installed on my Mac is the same thing as
IDLE.
Thank you for helping a lost soul.
--
Subal Smith