[Tutor] Integer to String possible????

Daniel D. Laskey dlaskey@laskeycpa.com
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 22:55:38 -0400

Albert:
I've had the same problem.  I tried it and it works.
# --------------Answer1.py---------------------------
#
# create and empty data_file

# open the data file called data_file
data_file = raw_input('File to open?  ')
in_file = open(data_file,"r")
# read the in_file
text = in_file.read()
# print the file to the screen
print text
# create the file to export the data to
# you need the double or single quotes around the name to save the file
out_file = open("new_file.txt","w+")
# write the new file you created to the file "new_file.txt"
out_file.write(text)
out_file.close()
in_file.close()

Keep working at it and sending in your questions.  It helps me, too.
Dan