[Tutor] Errors using Simple.py for executables

Craig Hagerman craig@osa.att.ne.jp
Wed, 06 Dec 2000 07:33:17 +0900

----------
>From: David Porter <jcm@bigskytel.com>
>To: Python Tutor <tutor@python.org>
>Subject: Re: [Tutor] Errors using Simple.py for executables
>Date: 2000, Dec 06 Wed 1:02 AM
>

> * Craig Hagerman <hagerman@mac.com>:
>> I need help successfully creating an executable Python file (on Windows 98,
>> using Python 1.5.2). I have been trying to do so using Gordon McMillan's
>> "Simple.py". (For the record I have had no luck with Freeze or Squeeze
>> either :( )
>
> I'll try, though I'm not using windows so I can't test any of this.
>
>> The HelloWorld program :

> You can change the last two lines into one:
>
> raw_input("Press any key to continue...")

This is the HelloWorld program that is included with the Simple
installation.

-SNIP-

>> ValueError: python15.dll not found
>
> It says that it can't find python15.dll. This is in fact python in the form
> of a shared library. If I remember correctly it should be installed in
> c:\windows\system.
I checked and it python15.dll IS there (along with python14.dll and
python20.dll since I have had those installed previously. I did an uninstall
of those other pythons though.)

>If it's not there, run a search for it on your system.
> Perhaps you should put a copy of it in c:\python\ and if that doesn't do
> anything try putting a copy in the same directory as helloworld.py.
I will try this, but I think it won't help. Prior to the error message that
I passed on the Simple.py program searched for python15.dll and reported
that it successfully found it. Strange huh?

Craig Hagerman