[Tutor] setting pythonpath fro python 2.0

Geoffrey Bays geoffbays@mindspring.com
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 19:27:27 -0800

HI! I've been reading the tutor messages for awhile and writing teensy
little programs. I have downloaded 2.0, but when trying to import a module,
the interpreter will not find it. (on Win98 system) It says: "No module
named whatever." Saving a file from notepad, I am not getting the little
green python icon when I save a .py file. I am guessing that the pythonpath
is not set correctly. I uninstalled Python 1.52. How do I get into DOS and
set the path? I tried adding .py file extensions to be opened with
python.exe in Windows, but this did not work.  I am attached to my little
programs, so any help would be appreciated..

P.S. Why did all the hackers vote for Gore?    Because they like
Al--Gore--Rhythms!!