[Tutor] text editors for python on mac & import

kevin parks cpsoct@lycos.com
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 17:43:09 +0900

what is the best text editor to use for python on the macintosh. I would love to have a python aware editor with sytax coloring, etc. Is there some way to turn this on in the IDLE or are mac users left behind once again. I looked at alpha, which is great for tcl, but it seems not to have a python mode.

I am just beginning with python and am very happy to learn it. It is very cool.

but i also wonder, is it not possible to use the full path for import as in:

import /foo/bar/mystuff *

I was unable to do this, is it no allowed?

cheers,
kevin
seoul, korea

cpsoct@lycos.com