[Tutor] Where to find example source codes?

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 16:00:41 -0500

[posted & mailed]
>   It is said that the best way of learning a programing language
> is that you read some example souces and write some by your own.

I'll agree with that!

> My question is where can I download some good source codes of
> Python as resources of learning?

One idea:  Python comes with almost 5 megabytes of Python code, spread
across hundreds of .py files:  much of the Python standard library is
written in Python, and there are a variety of tools and demos too.  So
browse your installation tree, pick an area of the library that *interests*
you (or a tool, etc), and study that.  Change it!  See what happens.  And
get very, very friendly with interactive mode:  "just trying things" is much
easier in Python than in most other languages, and the immediate feedback is
a great aid to initial learning.  It's an even better aid after initial
learning <wink>.