[Tutor] Where to find example source codes.

John Murray pursang@interact.net.au
Sun, 31 Dec 2000 21:01:43 +1100

>   It is said that the best way of learning a programing language
> is that you read some example souces and write some by your own.

This reminds me of something I've been thinking about for a while, ie; should
we be making our individual python project's code available to each other?
There must be quite a few scripts in various stages of completion spread
throughout the tutor subscribers. As a newbie (to programming as well as
python), I would normally be embarrassed about releasing my hideously amateurish
code, though I would have no problems sharing it with other list members. Ugly
as my code may be, some of it has actually proven to be useful, so surely others
here have written useful stuff as well. Making projects available to each other
would give those without a project something to get into, and who knows, some
stuff might get developed to the point of public release. What do you think?
Sorry to sound like an open source evangelist...........
                       Happy New Year
                        Johnno