[Tutor] my first (but probably not my last) questions...

A. R. Goldman argoldman@mindspring.com
Fri, 04 Feb 2000 15:01:45 -0500

--------------60288922147C00945AC3BC63

Greetings:
I am relatively new to Python (5 Days) and to programming in
general (5 Days)... so I hope the you will forgive what are
probably very elementary problems:
1st: I cannot seem to save programs in pythonwin... I hit "save
as", pick my folder, and enter a name, followed by either .py,
.pyw, or .txt extensions (I've tried all three)... but the
programs never seem to arrive in the folder. The drop down menu
only gives me the "all files *.*" option... I don't know if this
is relevant.
2nd: I can save programs using idle... but can't seem to shut it
down. I shut down the shell window, and the DOS window freezes...
it won't respond to Ctrl-z. Ctrl-d, and (alas) not always to
ctrl-alt-del.
Finally: When I double click on any of the programs with the .py
extension, the DOS Window opens for a second or two and then
closes...
I don't know if these problems are related... or if the are
related to problems with installing the programs...
Many thanks in advance for you help... and for the great language
which makes the early steps in programming so much easier...
A.R. Goldman