[Tutor] (no subject)

Snoopy :-)) genius@idirect.com
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 13:57:57 -0500

Ivan Van Laningham wrote:

> Hi, Harun--
>
> "HARUN F.ABDULHAQ" wrote:
> >
> > HI,
> >
> > Which book should i get to learn Python programming language(beginner)
> >

> If you have some programming experience already, the best choice (and
> available right now) is David Ascher & Mark Lutz' _Learning Python_ from
> O'Reilly.
>
> If you have no programming experience, you can wait till the end of
> March for my book, _Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours_, which is meant
> explicitly for those who are complete beginners in programming and
> Python.
>
> By following this link, you go to the Python Software Activity's
> Bookstore, and they get a small percentage if you buy the book by
> clicking on their links:
>
>         http://www.python.org/psa/bookstore/
>
> <a-little-blatant-self-promotion-never-hurt-anyone>-ly y'rs,
> Ivan
> Ivan Van Laningham
> Callware Technologies, Inc.
> ivanlan@callware.com
> http://www.pauahtun.org
> http://www.foretec.com/python/workshops/1998-11/proceedings.html
> Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70
> Author:  Teach Yourself Python in 24 Hours

Hi Ivan :-))
I hope the release of this book will not be delayed again.  According to my
info it was supposed to be released  in Sept. or Oct. 99.  I bought
"Learning Python" but  being a Novice in Programming, (as well as a Newbie
in Linux) it seems to be way above my head.  So I am anxiously waiting for
your book.
Best regards,
Charles Takacs